Restoring Dental Implants
It’s a sad fact that dental repairs can wear out. If you have dental implants that are decades old, it may be time to update the repair using new materials and techniques that are easier to keep clean and can last a lifetime.
Advantages of Dental Implants:
- Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth and because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
- With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within the mouth causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Dental implants don't require reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Removable dentures are just that; removable. Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.